2019 Annual Conference
Had the innovative merchants who established the rice futures trading market in Japan in 1710 witnessed the birth of the Chicago Board of Trade 1848 surely they would have agreed that the leadership baton was in safe hands. Organized by 82 founding fathers as a grain cash market, CBOT (now part of the CME Group) continued to develop and officially launched futures contracts with delivery and margin standards in 1865, and the rest, as they say, is history.
170 years of organised futures markets which have seen continued evolution from pit to screen, cash to derivatives – the list is endless and ongoing. So what next? Where will the marriage of innovative thinking and technology take us? AFM 2019 will open discussion, debate and reflections by industry players on the below wide range of topics:
- the changing landscape and health of the derivatives industry, consolidation, disruptors and technocrats,
- global market developments and their impact on exchanges,
- mapping the regulatory lanscape: is regulation truly supportive of market development?
- the challenges facing start-up futures exchanges;
- the outlook for CCPs;
- the digital economy looking at practical examples of the use of blockchain, crypto currencies and the development of digital exchanges.
AFM is pleased to announce that Terry Duffy, Walt Lukken, Richard Sandor and the godfather of Futures, Leo Melamed are confirmed speakers on May 9 -10!
|Terry Duffy, Chairman and CEO of CME Group||Walt Lukken, President and CEO, Futures Industry Association||Leo Melamed, Chairman Emeritus of CME Group||Richard L. Sandor, Chairman and CEO, American Financial Exchange|
For the detailed conference agenda please visit: Conference Agenda
The Gold Sponsor of the Conference is