1012 JW Amsterdam
Euronext is the first pan-European exchange, spanning Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Portugal and the UK. Created in 2000, it unites markets which date back to the start of the 17th century. It is the primary exchange in the Euro zone with over 1 300 issuers worth €2.6 trillion in market capitalization, an unmatched blue chip franchise consisting of 20+ issuers in the EURO STOXX 50® benchmark and a strong diverse domestic and international client base.
Euronext operates regulated and transparent equity and derivatives markets, offering market participants a comprehensive range of services to meet their needs, including facilitating public offerings and providing trading facilities for equity and derivatives products to supplying market data as well as custody and settlement services. Its total product offering includes Equities, Exchange Traded Funds, Warrants & Certificates, Bonds, Derivatives, Commodities and Indices. Euronext also leverages its expertise of running markets by providing technology and managed services to third parties.
Euronext’s unique Single Order Book allows investors to trade, clear and settle in a uniform way across all of its markets and its common state of the art technology UTP, combine to generate significant efficiencies for clients. Together they enhance liquidity, lower costs and facilitate access to capital markets making Euronext’s market quality unrivalled, with market depth eight times the size of the average transaction and the lowest blue-chip spread in Europe.
In its role as a major player in financing the local economy, Euronext has a diverse market offering operating Euronext regulated markets Alternext and the Free Market; in addition it offers EnterNext, which facilitates SMEs’ access to capital markets. In 2013, through Euronext, more than €100bn was raised to finance the European economy, creating jobs and providing for growth.
Euronext is a market place whose first mission consists of financing the real economy. It aims at offering companies financing solutions, ensuring security and transparency of operations and transactions. Euronext promotes a legitimate governance within the financial community, for its clients and partners.
This strategy follow 5 main axes:
- To operate a superior quality pan-European market enabling efficient trading of cash equities, financial and commodity derivatives and related instruments for the benefit of issuers and investors and the real economy
- To deliver a high integrity ecosystem and innovate in partnership with the community of issuers, investors, intermediaries, and regulators to enhance access to sources of capital and funding, and enable efficient transfer of risk for participants in the national and regional economies of Europe and beyond
- To create an increasingly agile, efficient, and customer focused business, designed to provide stable and sustainable revenue streams, and to diversify the client and income base
- To enhance the stability and transparency of European financial markets through the development and implementation of regulatory requirements and the provision of effective and efficient technology and risk management
- To strengthen Euronext capacities to raise capital in order to increase the number of listed companies